Sao Paulo: Brazilian authorities arrested a third suspect linked to a school shooting that left seven people dead, but later allowed him to return home.
Sao Paulo’s Court of Justice said the teenager was let go after prosecutors took his testimony. Police have not revealed his name.
The Sao Paulo state prosecutor’s office said he could still be taken into custody if new investigations revealed his involvement in the shooting. They previously said he wasn’t involved on the day, but was suspected of helping plan the massacre.
Five students, a teacher and a school administrator were killed on Wednesday at the Raul Brasil state school in the city of Suzano, on the outskirts of Sao Paulo, Brazil’s largest city. One of the shooters also killed his uncle shortly before carrying out the massacre.