Tuesday , March 19 2019
Home / National News / Convention centre evacuated after small fire caused by battery

Convention centre evacuated after small fire caused by battery

The National Convention Centre was evacuated on Saturday afternoon after a lithium battery caught fire.

Paramedics assessed one person at the scene for smoke inhalation but there were no other injuries recorded because of the fire.

Emergency services on scene at the National Convention Centre on Saturday.

Emergency services on scene at the National Convention Centre on Saturday.Credit:Emily Barton

Firefighters attended the convention centre after a fire alarm went off about 4pm on Saturday.

The fire was believed to be caused by an electric bike being charged and was extinguished by firefighters.

One lane of traffic on Constitution Avenue was closed.

The Hazmat unit conducted atmospheric monitoring at the scene.

About admin

Check Also

Protesters face off with riot police over removal of ‘sacred’ trees along Western Highway

Protesters and police face off near the Western Highway as environmental and Indigenous activists fight …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *