WHAT TO DO:
- If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
- If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
- If you plan to stay and actively defend, do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. You need to have access to an independent water supply, and start patrolling your property to put out spot fires.
- At all times close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
- If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
If you are in the vicinity of the Balladonia Roadhouse, you can leave in an easterly direction along Eyre Highway, provided it is safe to do so.
With catastrophic fire danger conditions announced for the region on Thursday, it could be days until the highway reopens.
The fires have been burning since December 20, 2019.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery-powered radio in your emergency kit.
Updates will be issued every hour unless the situation changes.
Register with Register.Find.Reunite. to let your family and loved ones know you’re OK and where you will be relocating to via the Red Cross website from any computer or mobile device.
If you are unable to contact a loved one who may have been planning to be in the area, enquire about their whereabouts through the online Register.Find.Reunite. system on the same website.