It broke out amid catastrophic conditions two weeks ago and destroyed more than 80 homes but is now considered contained.
A bushfire burning on Kangaroo Island has been upgraded to an emergency warning after jumping control lines.
The fire near the Ravine Des Casoars wilderness protection area is an immediate threat to lives and properties in the area.
The CFS says the blaze is now burning in all directions through the Flinders Chase National Park with conditions continually changing. It has already burnt more than 10,000 hectares.
Fire crews are on the scene to protect assets and battle the blaze and will be supported throughout Friday by water-bombing planes.
“Don’t enter this area as firefighters are now unable to prevent the fire spreading,” the CFS said.
The park has been closed and tourists on the island have been urged to take action to ensure their safety.
The Tasmania Fire Service said on Friday that uncontrolled fires in the state’s north-east had burnt down a house and destroyed a car at Tower Hill.
Police believe the fire was started by arson on Monday.
Acting chief officer Ian Bounds said fire crews were working to strengthen containment lines ahead of expected very high fire danger at the weekend.
“We’re looking at a total fire ban commencing Saturday, and more information will be provided about that as the day goes on,” he told ABC Radio.
Another home was destroyed by fires near Pelham, about 50 kilometres north-west of Hobart earlier in the week.
A blaze in the capital’s northern outskirts at Glenlusk sparked an emergency warning on Thursday afternoon but has since been downgraded to “advice” level.
Four “watch and act” alerts remain in place for a series of fires in the north-east, near the town of Fingal.
Temperatures are tipped to reach the low 30s across the east and south on Saturday.
An assessment of property losses is ongoing, the TFS says.