Wednesday , June 3 2020
Breaking News
Home / World News / Cambodia building collapse: Death toll continues to rise, owners detained

Cambodia building collapse: Death toll continues to rise, owners detained

Phnom Penh: Thirty-six people were killed and 23 more injured when a tourist guesthouse under construction in Cambodia collapsed, trapping workers under rubble, officials say.

Officials said rescue operations ended two days after the seven-storey concrete building collapsed on Friday in the coastal town of Kep, about 160 km southwest of the capital Phnom Penh.

The 36 dead included six children and 14 women, officials said in a statement that did not detail why children were at the construction site.

The seventy-storey building was under construction when it collapsed.

The seventy-storey building was under construction when it collapsed.Credit:Kep Provincial Authority

Kep Governor Ken Satha said that the owners of the building, a Cambodian couple, had been detained for questioning.

About admin

Check Also

Trump’s American carnage serves a grim purpose

And whether Mr Sexton likes it or not, it is that quest for “domination” and …