6. “Oh, d-d-dear!” is a catchphrase of which character in Winnie-the-Pooh books?
7. What German-born empress overthrew her husband to claim the throne of Russia?
8. Which cricketer is the only player to be out for 299 in a Test?
9. What was the official song of the 2018 FIFA World Cup?
10. Which Australian state was the first to grant women suffrage in 1895?
11. The play Blackie Blackie Brown was written by which Australian writer/actor?
12. In which country is Zeeland a province?
13. What is stored in a camel’s hump?
14. By what stage name is musician Benjamin Hammond Haggerty more commonly known?
15. Acid for the Children is the 2019 memoir of which mononymous musician?
16. Which country does not border the Black Sea: Bulgaria, Russia or Armenia?
17. The Hindu god Hanuman is usually depicted with the face of what animal?
18. On which TV sitcom did the S. S. Minnow charter boat run aground?
19. In which country did Sanna Marin recently become the world’s youngest PM?
20. The Arab Spring series of protests began in December of what year?
21. What is the meaning of the Latin phrase in vino veritas?
22. The Quiksilver brand was founded in which Australian seaside town?
23. The line, “You’re gonna need a bigger boat”, was made famous in which film?
24. Africa has how many countries: 34, 44 or 54?
25. Which flightless bird is the heaviest bird in Australia?
1 Derwent River, Hobart. 2 Zephyr. 3 Wine and winemaking. 4 Kevin Rudd (in 2007). 5 David Unaipon. 6 Piglet. 7 Catherine the Great (in 1762). 8 Martin Crowe (NZ v Sri Lanka in Wellington, 1991). 9 Live It Up (2018) by Nicky Jam with Will Smith and Era Istrefi. 10 South Australia.
11 Nakkiah Lui. 12 The Netherlands. 13 Fat. 14 Macklemore. 15 Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist, born Michael Peter Balzary). 16 Armenia. 17 Monkey. 18 Gilligan’s Island (1964-67). 19 Finland (aged 34). 20 2010. 21 In wine there is truth. 22 Torquay, Victoria. 23 Jaws (1975). 24 54. 25 Cassowary (Southern).
Fancy yourself a quizmaster? Send us a question; we include one from a reader each week and acknowledge it here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org: label it “GW Quiz Entry”. This week, Q25 was supplied by reader Iona Hutchinson of Dickson, ACT.