6. Who is claimed to have said: “Doctor Livingstone, I presume?” at Lake Tanganyika in 1871?
7. What gas from cow manure is used for energy production?
8. Is a baseball bigger or smaller than a softball?
9. Complete the saying: Necessity is the mother of … ?
10. British physicist Peter Higgs is associated with the discovery of what subatomic particle?
11. Starting with “C”, what Aboriginal name describes a sea squirt?
12. What is the title of artist Sally Morgan’s 1987 autobiography?
13. In Greek mythology, what is Helios the personification of?
14. Which songs by Adele and Lionel Richie share the same title?
15. Lockjaw is another name for … what?
16. What wall in the UK was the Roman Empire’s northwest frontier for 300 years?
17. The gimlet cocktail is typically made with what two ingredients?
18. In 2001, who became the youngest male player to attain a world No. 1 tennis ranking?
19. What passage lies between the Coral and Arafura seas?
20. What word denotes both a bureaucrat of imperial China and a kind of citrus fruit?
21. Which city was the first to host the Olympic Games outside of Europe and North America?
22. What do the letters “USS” stand for in the US Navy?
23. Which Swedish actress is associated with the line: “I want to be alone”?
24. The opposite sides of a standard die add up to … what?
25. Jesus is said to have spoken what language starting with “A”?
1 Tea. 2 Pablo Picasso. 3 Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 4 Peter Singer. 5 Fiji. 6 Journalist and explorer Henry Morton Stanley. 7 Methane. 8 Smaller. 9 Invention. 10 Higgs boson. 11 Cunjevoi. 12 My Place. 13 The sun. 14 Hello. 15 Tetanus. 16 Hadrian’s Wall. 17 Gin and lime. 18 Lleyton Hewitt (aged 20). 19 Torres Strait. 20 Mandarin. 21 Melbourne (1956). 22 United States Ship. 23 Greta Garbo. 24 Seven. 25 Aramaic.
Fancy yourself a quizmaster? Send us a question; we include one from a reader each week and acknowledge it here. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org: label it “GW Quiz Entry”. This week, Q25 was supplied by reader Will Thornton of Fitzroy, Victoria.