Anthony Seibold sounded like a defeated man after the Broncos’ defeat to the Titans but said he wasn’t “looking over his shoulder” after a disastrous five-game losing streak that has left the club near the bottom of the NRL ladder.
With the pressure already mounting at Red Hill, the Broncos fell 30-12 to last year’s wooden spooners at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night. It has put more heat on Seibold, who is running out of friends just a season-and-a-half into a five-year deal.
He said he hadn’t considered his fate but his tone and body language suggested otherwise. For the moment, he said he remained motivated to resurrect the fortunes of a young side that has been badly beaten since the resumption of the season, including a record 59-0 loss to the Roosters.
“I haven’t even thought about that. I’m trying to stay in the present, I’ve got a five-year deal here. I think I’m the right person to try and bring this group through but, if the board think otherwise, or Paul White as CEO thinks otherwise, they’ll tell me,” Seibold said about his future.