Saturday , September 26 2020
Breaking News
Home / Sport / Mladenovic-Babos withdrawn from US Open doubles after quarantine notice

Mladenovic-Babos withdrawn from US Open doubles after quarantine notice

New York: Doubles top seeds Kristina Mladenovic and Timea Babos were withdrawn from the US Open on Saturday, hours before they were due on court after Mladenovic received a COVID-19 quarantine notice from public health officials, the United States Tennis Association said.

Mladenovic is one of 10 players who came in contact with France’s Benoit Paire, who was pulled out from the men’s field at the hardcourt major after testing positive for the new coronavirus.

France's Kristina Mladenovic is one of 10 players who came in contact with compatriot Benoit Paire.

France’s Kristina Mladenovic is one of 10 players who came in contact with compatriot Benoit Paire.Credit:AP

Since the players are staying in Nassau County, which borders New York City, the USTA said public health officials prevented those who were in contact with Paire from travelling to Flushing Meadows where the Grand Slam is being held.

“Public health officials of Nassau County, NY, have issued quarantine notices for all individuals who had prolonged close contact to a person who previously tested positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus,” the USTA said in a statement.

About admin

Check Also

English Premier League managers back bail-out for lower-tier clubs

Frank Lampard, the Chelsea manager, said: “I would certainly support ideas to help any form …