5. Can Do It will never have a better chance to win a race than this one. Hit the line strongly two starts back at Nowra then on a heavy track and up to city grade just battled a bit at Randwick. Shapes as though a mile will suit, drawn well and possibly priced a bit short but entitled to win.
Dangers: 1. Mr Canyounot ran last on debut at Kembla but it was on a heavy track and he did have a little support at odds. Trial before that was OK and on a better surface he could be a big improver in a race with little depth. 7. Lincoln Park was very plain at Wyong last time out, so will need to lift on it, but he did hit the line well to be placed or around the placings in his three previous starts. So he’s going OK and has the chance to show up. 2. Dunlee had a month between runs and stepped up in trip when failing at Newcastle third-up. It’s probably best to forget that. He was ordinary when favourite at his previous run but fresh wasn’t disgraced here. Under the odds on those past two efforts but can’t completely rule out.
How to play it: Can Do It win.
Odds & Evens: Odds.
Race 3 – 3:10PM TAB.COM.AU PLATE (1100 METRES)
2. Belieber had a bit of a rap on him as a two-year-old and made a solid debut in the Breeders Plate before failing a couple of months later. Spelled and gelded, he’s returned with a couple of impressive trial wins, particularly the second. If he runs up them he will be too quick.
Dangers: 4. Arlandria is an interesting first starter from the strong Hawkes team and she wasn’t let off the leash in running third in her only recent trial. Drawn well and if the favourite makes a mistake, she could be the one. 7. Escape Artist is another potential danger if Belieber falters. He’s had no luck in his two race starts, sitting wide in both, and he’s also trialled quite well coming into this. No surprise to see him run well. 9. Screebe had to do a bit of work to win her second trial this time in, finishing a few lengths ahead of Arlandria. Has to be included in the chances and be guided by the market.
How to play it: Belieber win; Trifecta 2/4,7,9/4,7,9.
Odds & Evens: Evens.
Race 4 – 3:45PM BOOK NOW WYONG MAGIC MILLIONS DEC 16 HANDICAP (1200 METRES)
4. Miss Sure Shot had excuses when beaten before a spell at Hawkesbury but her previous two efforts last prep at this level were sound. Two nice quiet trials and she’s struck a race potentially with a bit of speed. From the good gate she could have the last shot at them. Go well fresh.
Dangers: 3. Running Four Bub probably found herself too far back at Goulburn last start when favourite. The runner-up has since won from that race. Blinkers go on and, while back 100m, she would also be aided by some tempo. Give another chance. 1. Cathay hasn’t raced since July when winning a couple of races on wet tracks. There was plenty to like about her trial behind Varda but that was a month ago and she’s been scratched a couple of times of late. If all is in order then she’s a big chance so check betting. 5. She’s Independent has struck form with a couple of game wins at Muswellbrook and earned a shot at this class. Tends to be a bit hit or miss, with four wins and just one placing from 19 starts, but couldn’t be going better to tackle the class rise.
How to play it: Miss Sure Shot win; Trifecta 4/1,3,5/1,3,5.
Odds & Evens: Split.
Race 5 – 4:20PM GREAT NORTHERN ON TAP HANDICAP (1600 METRES)
8. One Pound has returned in super form in the country with a couple wins and a gallant third in the Cotton Cup at the mile. On-pacer aided by the claim, and while this is tougher at least she’s in top form. That can’t be said for a lot of the opposition. Each-way.
Dangers: 1. Aspect Ratio brilliantly won a class 1 over this course in September but her three runs since have been patchy. Safely held in a small field at Canterbury then fair at Kensington while last time she led and was weak late at Kembla on a heavy track. All when right in the market. Logically she’ll go forward and on her best form she can win. 4. Invicta looks a good roughie third-up from a spell. There was some merit in his last-start effort at 1350m here off a wide gate and comes into this on the up this prep. Granted it’s been a while since he’s really shown form but this is a chance for him. 10. Majella was very disappointing at Kensington a few weeks ago when a $5 chance, she either hated the soft track or just didn’t put in and tailed off. On her first-up run at Warwick Farm, she’d be entitled to be favourite but not on the her last two. Take on trust.
How to play it: One Pound each-way.
Odds & Evens: Split.
Race 6 – 4:55PM MAGIC MILLIONS GC YEARLING SALE HANDICAP (1000 METRES)
10. Tejori is a lightly raced mare with some talent resuming and has an unbeaten first-up record. She was explosive first-up last prep when taking a sit and gets the chance to do that here with plenty of speed on paper and a middle-to-outside gate. Trialled well, and with even luck goes close.
Dangers: 3. Longbottom can be a bit of a chaser but she rarely runs a bad race. Only miss first-up was last prep where she ran fourth and she’s been given two easy trials. Drawn to get plenty of cover and, if in touch, she has a big enough finish to make an impact late. 4. Hibiscus Lady controlled things from outside the leader first-up at Gosford and was too strong late. Fitter for that and if she can hold a position from the inside gate, there’s no reasons she couldn’t repeat. 2. Trust Me won the Kirby at Grafton at big odds first-up last time in, then just fair off a couple of months’ break in a 900m scamper. Trials have been spaced. If she’s on song she’s capable of causing an upset.
How to play it: Tejori win; Trifecta 10/2,3,4/2,3,4.
Odds & Evens: Split.
Race 7 – 5:30PM SKY RACING PROVINCIAL SUMMER SERIES WYONG NOV 26 (1200 METRES)
5. Anchois has a good each-way chance stepping up in trip after two runs below 1000m. Solid first-up behind Never Talk then had his chance at Moree. Prepared to forgive that, drawn well for the rise in distance and at peak. Should be competitive.
Dangers: 4. Wild Chap comes back in trip from two starts around the 1400m where he’s led and been reeled in. Too strong over 1350m here back in August and if he gets control he could take some running down. 1. Sanctioned brilliantly won a BM74 at Canterbury in January then failed in two subsequent starts before a spell. Still has a big weight after the claim but right down in class and on his best efforts he’s hard to beat. 2. Big Bad Bruce will be fitter for one run back at Kembla on heavy ground, which he’s never proven to be comfortable in, so to run on into fifth is promising. May want a touch further but expect a much better showing here.
How to play it: Anchois each-way.
Odds & Evens: Split.
Race 1: (4) Eyewitness
Race 6: (10) Tejori
Best long shot
Race 5: (4) Invicta
Tips supplied by Racing NSW
Full form and race replays available at racingnsw.com.au