Justice Coghlan told the trio on Thursday they had to abide by conditions including living at one address, abiding by a nightly curfew, having no contact with other co-accused, staying off social media and avoiding groups larger than five people, unless participating in education, sporting or youth-justice programs.
The boys face a long wait before trial, given the size of the case. To guard against potential involvement in gangs, the judge warned they faced having bail revoked if they gathered in large groups without permission.
“Because as soon as you get back into those sort of groups that’s when bail’s going to be breached and create difficulties,” he said.
“And this thing is going to take a couple of years to play its way through.
“And you might think about how undesirable you might think it to be locked up for that period of time.”
Justice Coghlan did not outline his reasons for granting bail, but earlier this month raised concerns about the boys’ ages and the long delay before trial as factors in his decision to grant bail to the five other boys, two aged 13, one 14-year-old and two aged 15.
The boys were also told they cannot drink alcohol or use drugs, must provide a drug test if asked by police and must come to the front door of their home after curfew if requested.
The ninth boy, aged 16, and the two men, aged 20 and 23, remain in custody. All 11 accused are due to appear before court early next month.
Some of the accused boys were charged with affray after Solomone’s death, but the charges were upgraded to murder last month.