6. Which two oceans meet at the Cape of Good Hope?
7. “Just let me sleep” is the last line of which 2002 movie starring Al Pacino?
8. Was the world’s first democratically elected female president in Israel, India or Iceland?
9. Which character does Gillian Anderson play in Season 4 of The Crown?
10. What contact team sport was “born” in 1883 in the Scottish town of Melrose?
11. By what name is the respiratory disease pertussis more commonly known?
12. Which citrus fruit is named after a Moroccan port city?
13. What slang word for a stockman is also a fraudulent substitution in a horse race?
14. In the Smashing Pumpkins song 1979, “Cool kids never have the…” what?
15. Of the teams in the AFL, which three have never won a VFL/AFL grand final?
16. The ship Charles Darwin circumnavigated the globe in was named … what?
17. Which English city is famous for its Roman baths?
18. What was the German government known as from 1919 to 1933?
19. In Jewish folklore, who was Adam’s first wife?
20. Candomblé is a folk religion mostly practised in which country?
21. Cosplay is a portmanteau of which two words?
22. Which newly built airport spans the equivalent of 98 soccer fields?
23. Inspired by a Chinese spring roll, what snack did Frank McEnroe invent in 1951?
24. Sal Paradise is the narrator in which 1957 Beat novel?
25. Which land animal has double kneecaps and the largest eyes?
1 Iso (isolation). 2 Eating bread and honey. 3 ACT’s mammal emblem. 4 I do not know what. 5 Pablo Picasso (Dove of Peace, 1949). 6 Indian and Atlantic oceans. 7 Insomnia. 8 Iceland (Vigdís Finnbogadóttir, 1980). 9 UK PM Margaret Thatcher. 10 Rugby Sevens. 11 Whooping cough. 12 Tangerine (named after the Moroccan city of Tangier). 13 A ringer. 14 Time. 15 Fremantle Dockers, Greater Western Sydney Giants, Gold Coast Suns. 16 HMS Beagle. 17 Bath. 18 Weimar Republic. 19 Lilith. 20 Brazil. 21 Costume play. 22 Daxing International Airport (Beijing’s new international airport). 23 Chiko Roll. 24 On the Road (by Jack Kerouac). 25 Ostrich.
Fancy yourself a quizmaster? Send us a question; we include one from a reader each week and acknowledge it here. Email: email@example.com: label it “GW Quiz Entry”. This week, Q25 was supplied by Cathy Hardinge from Doncaster East, VIC.