Washington: YouTube has suspended US President Donald Trump from uploading new videos to his official account for at least a week, joining fellow social media giants Twitter and Facebook in shutting Trump out of his account because of concerns his posts will incite violence.
YouTube, the streaming video service owned by Google, said it removed new content uploaded to the President’s account for violating its policies and “in light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence”.
It will not allow Trump to add new videos for a minimum of seven days, it said in a Twitter post late on Tuesday night. It will also disable comments on his entire channel for an indefinite period of time.
Twitter on Friday banned Trump from its site, which had been a favourite communication tool of the President.