Homicide squad detectives have taken a 60-year-old man into custody as they investigate the disappearance of Pemberton man Tony Ditri.
Mr Ditri’s vehicle has been found but inquiries into the 40-year-old father-of-three’s whereabouts are continuing, with police treating his disappearance as suspicious.
He was last seen at a local rubbish tip about 3pm on Friday, August 27. Suspicions were raised when he didn’t appear at a family dinner in Manjimup.
Friend Ross Varnavides posted to social media about searching the bush for a sign or clue that would help find Mr Ditri.
Mr Varnavides said his friend’s truck had been found abandoned just off Pemberton-Northcliffe Road some time between 3pm and 6pm on Friday afternoon.
“Extremely unusual circumstances. Tony is one of the most genuine humans you will ever meet. Someone knows something and if you do please report it to the police. His family and friends are very concerned,” he wrote.
Homicide squad detectives were called in on Saturday to take control of the investigation, with the 60-year-old man – who has guns stored on his property – arrested over the weekend.
Nine News Perth reported locals had told police they heard gunshots in the area where Mr Ditri was last seen.