Cook said any changes to crowd numbers on Saturday would only come if mystery cases emerged in the coming days.
“So it really depends on the positive cases, if we have any, and the background in relation to those cases,” Cook said.
“So if it’s unclear, if there’s a mystery component to where people contracted the disease that obviously gives us a much greater cause for concern.”
WA Premier Mark McGowan has made quickfire lockdown calls through the year that have impacted on crowds at AFL matches. In May, this included banning crowds from Optus Stadium on the day of the West Coast versus Fremantle derby.
Earlier this month, AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan, who is in Perth, said there were contingencies in place should no crowds be allowed come the big day.
He said South Australia and Queensland would remain on standby to host should WA make a snap decision to ban crowds from the showpiece event.
“You assess where we are at in the rest of the country, whether that’s South Australia, [that’s] obviously an option, the Gabba. You would make an assessment on what is available but the hypotheticals, I have been asked that before, it’s a hypothetical,” McLachlan said on 3AW.
“There is a provision or contingency available in the agreement [with WA]. We don’t want to play in front of no crowds but we are currently playing here in Western Australia. There is a 100 per cent capacity available.”
The AFL has been informed there will be no impact on the grand final.