A man has been arrested and police say the search is on for 10 others following violent scenes at a protest in Melbourne’s inner east earlier this month.
A police spokeswoman said many officers were injured during the anti-lockdown rally in Richmond, Burnley and Kew on September 18, including six who were sent to hospital.
On Thursday, eastern region crime squad detectives arrested a 21-year-old Brunswick West man following the assault of a police officer at the protest.
The spokeswoman said the man had since been charged with several offences, including assault police, recklessly causing injury and hindering police.
Released on bail, he is due to front Melbourne Magistrates Court on April 14.
Police have also released images of 10 others wanted for questioning over offences, including incitement, assaulting police and damaging a police car after about 700 protesters made their way to Barkers Road in Kew during the mid-September march.
There, as demonstrator numbers began to dwindle, some protesters hurled projectiles and abuse at officers before surging through the police line as tensions rose.
Police want to speak to the two men pictured above about allegations of incitement, affray and assaulting police.